Tipitaka Network Bulletin Board (Beta)
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2010
Course in Thailand on Buddhism & Feminism
by Yong Peng (ypong001(a)yahoo.com) [AUS:IP logged]
Buddhism and Feminism for Personal and Social Transformation
Women Allies for Social Change: Exploring Buddhism and Feminism for Personal and Social Transformation
16-25 July, 2010, Chiang Mai, Thailand
The course will bring together an international community of women to learn and share with one another. The workshop will focus on bringing a Buddhist feminist framework to cultivating inner peace while engaging in social action in our communities and the world.
What will be covered in the course?
* An introduction to engaged Buddhist teachings
* Applying Buddhist and feminist concepts for reflection on personal life experiences and contemporary social issues
* Buddhist feminist analysis of structural violence, power, privilege and social action
* Understanding the intersections of engaged Buddhism and feminism and how each supports the other
* Building peace within through daily mindfulness practices
* Daily meditation and mindfulness practices
Register by May 1, 2010.
Information and registration:
Community Log: 0 reply
This thread is closed for further discussion.
|Bulletin Board Policy: This bulletin board is currently under beta
testing. So, there is no guarantee that the messages will always be here. There
is no plan to archive these messages yet. Are you lost? Copyright 2005-2006 Ong Yong Peng. All Rights Reserved.
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammāsambuddhassa.
Buddha sāsana.m cira.m ti.t.thatu.