tena (ind.) on account of it, because of it.
tena can also be the enclitic form of so (pron, PED ta), for/to him, in the instrumental
DN2 Sama˝˝aphala Sutta CSCD164/PTS1.51
"Tena hi, mahaaraaja, bhaasassuu"ti.
if it is so / great king / may you speak / (end-quote)
"If it is so, Great King, may you speak."
- hi (ind.) because, indeed.
- tena hi (ind.) if it is so.
- mahaaraaja (m.) great king.
- bhaasassu (2nd sg. imper. pres. of bhaasati) may you speak.
- ti -- end quote.
[PTS and Bhikkhu Bodhi] Then speak, great King.
[Contemporary rendition] In that case, great King, please speak.
Word List 1:
01. ca | na
| ti | pe
| vaa | kho
| bhikkhave | hoti
| dhammo | so
11. uppajjati | paccayo
| tattha | pa.ticca |
ta.m | dhammaa |
dhamma.m | te |
eva.m | pana
21. tassa | no |
eka.m | bhikkhu |
tii.ni | tesa.m |
me | bhagavaa |
31. aya.m | atha |
tena | ya.m |
hetupaccayaa | nava | atthi | yo | ye |
41. bhikkhuu | aamantaa | citta.m | khandhaa | yassa | ruupa.m | pa˝ca |
viharati | aavuso | vuccati