Oops! RSS input from Yahoo! Groups is currently not available.
1. Kassako khetta.m kasitvaa nahaayitu.m udaka.m otari.
farmer / field / having ploughed / to bathe / water / entered
After ploughing the field, the farmer entered the water to bathe.
2. Ugga.nhantaana.m daarakaana.m daatu.m aacariyaa kusumaani aahari.msu.
learning / to children / to give / teachers / flowers / brought
The teachers brought flowers to give to the learning children (students).
3. Upaasakaa aasanehi u.t.thahitvaa dhamma.m desetu.m upasa`nkamanta.m sama.na.m vandi.msu.
lay devotees / from seats / having got up / dhamma / to preach / approaching / to monk / paid respect
The lay devotees rose from (their) seats and paid respect to the monk approaching to preach the dhamma.
4. Nagaresu kammaani katvaa vetane labhitu.m aaka`nkhamaanaa naraa gaamehi nikkhami.msu.
in cities / deeds / having done / wages / to receive / hoping / people / from villages / left
Hoping to do work in the cities and receive pay, the people left the villages.
5. Aacariyo aasana.m dussena chaadetvaa sama.na.m nisiiditu.m nimantesi.
teacher / seat / with cloth / having covered / monk / to sit / invited
Having covered the seat with a cloth, the teacher invited the monk to sit.
6. Kumaaro dvaara.m vivaritvaa rukkhamhaa oruhante vaanare passamaano a.t.thaasi (stood).
boy / door / having opened / from trees / descending / monkeys / seeing / stood
The boy opened the door and stood watching monkeys climbing down from the trees.
7. Pa.n.dito go.ne coretvaa akusala.m karonte nare pakkositvaa ovadi.
wise man / oxen / having stolen / evil / doing / men / having summoned / admonished
The wise man called and admonished the men stealing the oxen and doing evil.
Alt: The wise man summoned and advised people who commit evil by stealing cattle.
8. Yaacakassa puttaa rukkhehi patantaani phalaani sa.mharitvaa aapa.nasmi.m vikki.ni.msu.
beggar's / sons / from trees / falling / fruits / having collected / at market / sold
The beggar's sons collected fruits falling from trees and sold (them) at the market.
9. Kassako dha~n~na.m minitvaa vaa.nijassa vikki.nitu.m pahi.ni.
farmer / grain / having measured / to merchant / to sell / sent
The farmer, having weighed the grain, sent (it) to sell to the merchant.
10. Dhamma.m ugga.nhitvaa sama.no bhavitu.m aaka`nkhamaano amacco aacariya.m pariyesamaano Buddha.m
dhamma / having learnt / monk / to become / wishing / minister / teacher / seeking / Buddha / approached
Wishing to learn the dhamma and become a monk, the minister seeking a teacher approached the Buddha.
11. Sace tumhe gaama.m paapu.neyyaatha mitte olokeyyaatha.
if / you / village / would reach / friends / would see
If you reach the village, you would see friends.
12. Pa.n.ditamhaa pa~nhe pucchitvaa sacca.m jaanitu.m maatulo ussahi.
from wise man / questions / having asked / truth / to know / uncle / tried
The uncle tried to ask questions from the wise man and find out the truth.
13. Paasaa.namhi .thatvaa aja.m khaadanta.m siiha.m disvaa vaanaraa bhaayi.msu.
on rock / having stood / goat / eating / lion / having seen / monkeys / got frightened
Having seen the lion standing on the rock and eating a goat, the monkeys got frightened.
14. Rukkhamuule nisiiditvaa gitaani gaayantaana.m kumaaraana.m kaayesu pa.n.naani ca pupphaani ca pati.msu.
under a tree / having seated / songs / singing / boys' / on bodies / leaves and / flowers and / fell
Leaves and flowers fell on the bodies of the boys sitting under a tree and singing songs.
15. Tumhe dhana.m sa.mharamaanaa maa samudda.m taritvaa diipa.m gacchatha.
you / wealth / collecting / do not / sea / having crossed / island / go!
(You) Do not cross the sea and go to the island collecting wealth.
16. Aapa.nasmi.m bha.n.daani vikki.nantassa vaa.nijassa ratho atthi.
at shop / goods / selling / merchant's / chariot / it is
It is the chariot of the merchant selling goods at the shop.
Alt: The merchant who sells goods at the shop has a vehicle.
17. Aha.m puttassa daatu.m dussa.m sibbanto giita.m gaayi.m.
I / to son / to give / clothes / sewing / song / sang
Sewing a piece of clothes to give my son, I sang a song.
18. Suukaraa ca sunakhaa ca khette aavaa.te kha.ni.msu.
pigs and / dogs and / in field / pits / dug
The pigs and dogs dug pits in the field.
19. Purisaa rukkhamuule nisiiditvaa taapasena bhaasamaana.m su.ni.msu.
people / at foot of tree / having seated / by ascetic / speech / listened
The people sat at the foot of the tree and listened to the speech by the ascetic.
20. Luddakena saddhi.m vane aahi.n.dante putte aamantetvaa kassakaa akkosi.msu.
with hunter / in forest / wandering / sons / having called / farmer / scolded
Having called the sons wandering in the forest with the hunter, the farmer scolded (them).
21. Maa tva.m suva.n.napatta.m vikki.nitvaa khagge ki.naahi.
do not / you / golden bowl / having sold / swords / buy!
(You) Do not sell the golden bowl and buy swords.
22. So bha.n.daani ca khetta.m ca go.ne ca puttaana.m datvaa geha.m pahaaya sama.no bhavitu.m cintesi.
he / (household) articles and / field and / cattle and / to sons / having given / house / having left / monk / to be / intended
Having given (household) articles, the field and the cattle to (his) sons, he intended to leave the household and become a monk.
23. Dhammena jiivantaa sappurisaa mige na maaresu.m.
righteously / living / good men / not / killed
Living righteously, the good men did not kill deer.
24. Aha.m sopaana.m aaruhi.m, te sopaanamhaa oruhi.msu.
I / stairs / climbed / they / from stairs / descended
I climbed the stairs, they came down the stairs.
25. Sahaayakaa udaka.m otaritvaa nahaayantaa padumaani ocini.msu.
friends / [into] water / having descended / bathing / lotuses / picked
Having descended into the water and bathing, the friends picked lotuses.
1. The child sprinkled the lotuses with water and honoured the Buddha with them.
daarako / aasi~ncitvaa / padumaani / udakena / puujesi / Buddha.m / tehi
Daarako udakena padumaani aasi~ncitvaa tehi Buddha.m puujesi.
2. Having received the pay the men went to the market and bought goods.
labhitvaa / vetana.m / naraa / gantvaa / aapa.na.m / ki.ni.msu / bha.n.daani
Vetana.m labhitvaa naraa aapa.na.m gantvaa bha.n.daani ki.ni.msu.
3. The fisherman brought fish from the sea and sold them to the farmers.
dhiivaro / aaharitvaa / macche / samuddasmaa / vikki.ni / kassakaana.m
Dhiivaro samuddasmaa macche aaharitvaa kassakaana.m vikki.ni.
4. If you go to bathe wash the clothes of the children.
sace / tva.m / gaccheyyaasi / nahaayitu.m / dhovaahi / dussaani / daarakaana.m
Sace tva.m nahaayitu.m gaccheyyaasi daarakaana.m dussaani dhovaahi.
5. The parrots and the crows flew into the sky from the trees.
sukaa ca / kaakaa ca / u.d.desu.m / aakaasa.m / rukkhehi
Sukaa ca kaakaa ca rukkhehi aakaasa.m u.d.desu.m.
6. Do not scold the children playing under the tree with the dog.
maa / akkosaahi / daarake / kii.lante / rukkhamuule / kukkurena saddhi.m
Maa rukkhamuule kukkurena saddhi.m kii.lante daarake akkosaahi.
7. I spoke to the people sitting in the park having assembled to see the king.
aha.m / kathesi.m / manussaana.m / nisiidantaana.m / uyyaanamhi / sannipatitvaa / passitu.m / bhuupaala.m
Aha.m bhuupaala.m passitu.m sannipatitvaa uyyaanamhi nisiidantaana.m manussaana.m kathesi.m.
8. We got frightened seeing a serpent enter the house.
maya.m / bhaayimha / disvaa / sappa.m / pavisanta.m / geha.m
Maya.m geha.m pavisanta.m sappa.m disvaa bhaayimha.
9. I gave water to my son eating rice together with his friend.
aha.m / adaasi.m/adadi.m / paaniiya.m / puttaaya / bhu~njantaaya / bhatta.m / mittena saha
Aha.m bhatta.m bhu~njantaaya mittena saha puttaaya paaniiya.m adaasi.m/adadi.m.
10. Do not do evil, do good to enter heaven after departing from the human world.
maa / karotha / paapaani / karotha / kusalaani / pavisitu.m / sagga.m / cavitvaa / manussalokaamhaa
Maa paapaani karotha; manussalokaamhaa cavitvaa sagga.m pavisitu.m kusalaani karotha.