Oops! RSS input from Yahoo! Groups is currently not available.
1. Ammaa sama.nehi asappurise putte anusaasaapesi.
mother / monks / wicked / son / got...to admonish
The mother got the monks to admonish (her) wicked sons.
2. Tumhe manusse pii.lente core aamantaapetvaa ovadatha.
you / people / oppressing / robbers / having got...summoned / advise
You get the robbers oppressing people summoned and advise (them).
3. Vaa.nijo kassakena rukkhe chindaapetvaa/chedaapetvaa saka.tena nagara.m netvaa vikki.ni.
merchant / farmer / trees / having got...to cut / by cart / [to] town / having taken / sold
The merchant got the farmer to cut the trees, took them by cart to the town and sold (them).
4. Sama.no upaasake sannipaataapetvaa dhamma.m desesi.
monk / lay devotees / having got...assembled / dhamma / preached
The monk got the lay devotees assembled and preached the dhamma.
5. Maatulo kumaarehi pupphaani ca phalaani ca ocinaapesi.
uncle / boys / flowers and / fruits and / got...to pick
The uncle got the boys to pick flowers and fruits.
6. Daarikaa sunakha.m pokkhara.ni.m otaraapesi.
girl / dog / [into] pond / get...to descend
The girl made the dog get down into the pond.
7. Amacco vaa.nije ca kassake ca pakkosaapetvaa pucchissati.
minister / merchants and / farmers and / having got...summoned / will question
Having summoned the merchants and farmers, the minister will question them.
8. Ka~n~naahi aaha.taani pupphaani vanitaayo aasi~ncaapesu.m
by girls / brought / flowers / women / got...to be sprinkled
Women got the flowers brought by the girls to be sprinkled.
9. Bhariyaaya kaatabba.m kamma.m aha.m karomi.
by wife / should be done / work / I / do
I do the work which should be done by a wife.
10. Luddako mittena miga.m vijjhitvaa maaraapesi.
hunter / by friend / deer / having shot / got...to be killed
The hunter got the deer shot and killed by a friend.
11. Braahma.no aacaariyena kumaari.m dhamma.m ugga.nhaapesi.
brahmin / teacher / to daughter / dhamma / got...to teach
The brahmin got a teacher to teacher the dhamma to (his) daughter.
12. Ammaa daarika.m khiira.m paayetvaa ma~nce sayaapesi.
mother / girl / milk / having drunk / on bed / got...to sleep
The mother got the girl to drink the milk and sleep on the bed.
13. Vaa.nijaa assehi bha.n.daani gaahaapetvaa vikki.nitu.m nagara.m gami.msu.
merchants / horses / goods / having got...to carry / to sell / [to] city / went
The merchants made the horses carry the goods and went to the city to sell (them).
14. Vanitaa sahaayakena rukkhassa saakhaayo aaka.d.dhaapetvaa geha.m nesi.
woman / friend / tree's / branches / having got...to drag / home / took
The woman got a friend to drag the branches of the tree, and took (them) home.
15. Ammaa puttena geha.m aagata.m sama.na.m vandaapesi.
mother / son / [to] house / come / monk / got...to honour
The mother got (her) son to honour the monk who came to the house.
16. Upaasakaa sama.ne aasanesu nisiidaapetvaa bhojaapesu.m.
lay devotees / monks / on seats / having got...seated / got...to eat
The lay devotees got the monks to sit on the seats and eat.
17. Bhaginii bhinnapattassa kha.n.daani (pieces) aamasantii rodantii gehadvaare a.t.thaasi.
sister / of broken bowl / pieces / touching / crying / at the front door / stood
Touching pieces of the broken bowl, the sister stood at the front door crying.
18. Udaka.m aaharitu.m gacchantiyo naariyo sallapantiyo rukkhamuulesu patitaani kusumaani oloketvaa modi.msu.
water / to bring / going / women / engaging in conversation / at foot of the trees / fallen / flowers / having looked / enjoyed
Women going to fetch water enjoyed themselves talking, looking at the flowers fallen at the foot of the trees.
19. Luddako tu.n.dena phala.m ocinitu.m vaayamanta.m suva.m sarena vijjhi.
hunter / with beak / fruit / to pick / trying / parrot / with arrow / shot
With an arrow, the hunter shot the parrot trying to pick a fruit with (its) beak.
20. Sappurisena kaaraapitesu vihaaresu sama.naa vasanti.
by good men / got built / in monasteries / monks / live
The monks live in the monasteries which good men got constructed.
1. The wicked man gets his sons to shoot birds.
asappuriso / puttehi / vijjaapeti / saku.ne
Asappuriso puttehi saku.ne vijjaapeti.
2. The lay devotees will get the monk to preach the doctrine.
upaasakaa / sama.nena / desaapessanti / dhamma.m
Upaasakaa sama.nena dhamma.m desaapessanti.
3. Women get their children to honour the Buddha's disciples.
naariyo / daarakehi / vandaapenti / Buddhassa / saavake
Naariyo daarakehi Buddhassa saavake vandaapenti.
4. The young woman will get her sister to speak at the assembly.
taru.nii / bhagini.m / kathaapessati / sabhaaya.m
Taru.nii bhagini.m sabhaaya.m kathaapessati.
5. The farmer caused the tree to fall into the pit.
kassako / rukkha.m / paatesi / aavaa.te
Kassako aavaa.te rukkha.m paatesi.
6. You (pl.) will get the flowers sprinkled with water.
tumhe / pupphaani / si~ncaapessatha / udakena
Tumhe udakena pupphaani si~ncaapessatha.
7. The king got his ministers to build a monastery.
bhuupaalo / amaccehi / kaaraapesi / vihara.m
Bhuupaalo amaccehi vihara.m kaaraapesi.
8. The queen will live in the palace which the king got built.
raajinii / vasissati / paasaade / bhuupaalena / kaaraapite
Raajinii bhuupaalena kaaraapite paasaade vasissati.
9. The merchant got his wife to put the goods in boxes.
vaa.nijo / bhariyaaya / nikkhipaapesi / bha.n.daani / ma~njuusaasu
Vaa.nijo bhariyaaya ma~njuusaasu bha.n.daani nikkhipaapesi.
10. The brahmin got the Buddha's disciple to preach to his people.
braahma.no / Buddhassa / saavakena / anusaasaapesi / ~naatayo
Braahma.no Buddhassa saavakena ~naatayo (relatives) anusaasaapesi.